European Tax (VAT) Section Manager
- Job Industry:Accountancy
- Job Type:Temporary
- Skills:European Tax (VAT) Section Manager
- Salary:Up to £350 per day
Marc Daniels are presently seeking an European Tax (VAT) Section Manager to join a well known business based in Bracknell. The focus of this role is to support European VAT Department Manager (including the team at the outsourced Shared Service Centre) to achieve its key deliverable to meet the company’s VAT obligations across Europe and to provide real time support to the business.
This role is being recruited on a contractual basis for a minimum of one years and has the potential to become a permanent role.
- Create training to develop Tax Analysts and the wider SSC VAT Team.
- Manage and develop key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide expert advice to the business.
- Effectively use advisors where appropriate
- Responsible for managing risk and compliance for all VAT, Intrastat, European Sales List, Local Listings and annual reporting obligations for all branches. Recommending countermeasures where appropriate.
- Take ownership of the review and compliance management of the SAO Group for 8 UK entities.
- Manage the process of Pan-E VAT audits
- Actively take part in projects for new business and new legal obligation change.
- Provide Specialist support to department manager
- Provision of VAT advice internally, externally and to the business in Europe
- Provide analysis for business change projects.
- Preparation, reconciliation, analysis and management of issues arising for all returns and adapt as required to meet changing needs
- Review the UK and branch returns and deadlines to ensure compliance and risk management for timely and accurate reporting of all VAT, Intrastat, Sales Listing and other VAT related local and annual returns.
- Identify VAT risks and maximise planning opportunities. Supporting business units in managing these risks and implementing any relevant planning opportunities. Plan in countermeasures and propose where needed
- Manage tax audits to promptly and effectively respond to requests and take necessary mitigating actions where appropriate.
- Create and monitor VAT training needs in business, SSC.
- Keep the business Informed s of all relevant VAT rate and legal changes and ensuring systems updated.
- Identify and act on opportunities to optimise the recovery of input VAT, maximising any cashflow savings opportunities which may exist as well as reacting to case law to interpret impact for the business and assess any associated risks for compliance.
- Promote the profile of VAT within the Group.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experienced VAT practitioner with at least 3 years PQE with previous experience of indirect international taxes preferably with in-house experience at VAT management level.
- Cross border VAT knowledge – EU regulation experience in multiple jurisdictions.
- Excellent IT experience (SAP, excel and other ERP systems)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to guide and lead non-technical personnel to technical solutions.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, project planning and management.
- Ability and willingness to travel is important to ‘go to the place’ where the role requires (within EU predominantly).
WORK FOR US
Working for Marc Daniels is a unique experience. Throw out any pre-conceptions you may have about what it may be like to work for a typical recruitment consultancy – we are just not like them. We believe in creating long-lasting relationships and that goes for our employees as well as for our clients and candidates.
> Read More
REFER A FRIEND
REFER A FRIEND
Refer a friend’s CV to our site if you see a job that could be perfect for them.