Part Time Accounts Assistant
- Job Industry:Accountancy
- Job Type:Part Time
- Skills:Accounts Assistant
- Salary:Up to £28000 per annum
A Part Time Accounts Assistant is required to join a well-established company based in Slough for 20-25 hours a week. The company can support hybrid working and can be flexible on how the 20-25 hours can be made up over the working week.
- Posting supplier invoices to the correct job codes / overheads and with correct VAT rate
- Managing purchase order process to ensure processes are followed
- Setting up new suppliers on the system
- Processing staff expenses according to internal business rules/budgets
- Preparing bi-weekly payment run to suppliers and staff ready to be paid by FC or MD
- Managing aged creditors and highlighting any issues
- Managing suppliers’ mailbox and dealing with suppliers’ queries
- Dealing with ad-hoc PL account queries from staff and suppliers
- Preparing quarterly VAT report and reconcile to purchase ledger
- Posting all payment transactions using daily cash book
- Assisting FC with basic month-end schedule preparation ie. Fixed assets, Prepayment and Accruals based on AP ledger
- Generating receivable reports including overdue’s and aged debt analysis
- Communication of process to be undertaken for bad debts
- Managing escalation process of unresolved debts.
Ad-hoc finance queries and tasks
- At least 3 years proven experience in book-keeping and finance team
- Experience in credit control is preferable but not essential
- Excellent excel skills and competent with computer and IT packages
- Good systems skills and able to learn new financial software packages
- Good communicator with personable approach and ability to build strong relationship with all levels of staff/customers as required
- Highly organised and passionate, ensuring that work is completed to a high standard
- Be flexible and versatile and have ‘can do ‘ approach
- Self critical regarding deadline and accuracy of work
You will enjoy working in a fast paced and supportive organisation that has a friendly team working culture where you will be a valued member of staff.
WORK FOR US
Working for Marc Daniels is a unique experience. Throw out any pre-conceptions you may have about what it may be like to work for a typical recruitment consultancy – we are just not like them. We believe in creating long-lasting relationships and that goes for our employees as well as for our clients and candidates.
> Read More
REFER A FRIEND
REFER A FRIEND
Refer a friend’s CV to our site if you see a job that could be perfect for them.