Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner
- Job Industry:Accountancy
- Job Type:Contract
- Skills:Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner
- Salary:£60000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner to join a fast paced and growing business. An experienced finance professional is needed, with excellent communication skills, heaps of initiative and a self-starter. This is being offered on a six month fixed term contract, with an immediate start, a hybrid working pattern is available along with stunning offices, a competitive salary, plus benefits.
- Reporting regular channel specific sales performance to key stakeholders.
- Produce detailed weekly and monthly financial reporting packs for the Leadership team and wider business – providing commercial commentary, analysis and insight on all factors that influence financial performance and recommend action to mitigate risks and capitalise on opportunities.
- Regular targeted sales and margin analysis by channel, country, key customer, brand & products – Track ASPs, list prices, COGS and margin trends and analyse the effectiveness of overriders and promotions. Also track and comment on margin impact drivers such as commodity market prices and stock management pricing actions etc.
- Assess P&L impacts of operational performance including – service level analysis, stock holding analysis etc.
- Work cross functionally to understand and incorporate an assessment of the in-market environment into any analysis – competition, distribution, listings, pricing, promo etc.
- Work with the Sales team to forecast and analyse the volume, revenue and margin impacts of pricing decisions and promotions before and after implementation.
- Work with the Marketing team to provide marketing activity summaries, measurable ROI reporting and drive efficient use of marketing investment capital.
- Support with NPD scenario modelling and financial review.
- As an integral part of the S&OP process, provide monthly 15-month rolling forecasts, value commercial risks & opportunities, and participate in the creation and consolidation of the Annual Budget.
- Be the guardian of margin for the channel by constructively challenging pricing and commercial decisions, ensuring correct control procedures are adhered to, and performing regular margin checks.
- Customer accrual management and regular balance sheet reconciliations.
- Administration of system price increases and monthly reporting system reconciliations to management Accounts.
- A career driven qualified accountant with minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar roles – preferably in FMCG or Retail.
- A good communicator, well organised, able to prioritise and manage multiple requests / workstreams.
- A standard setter and example for more junior team members, the candidate should be a proactive leading voice within both the Commercial Finance team and the wider finance team.
- An agile mind, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to produce accurate quality analytical outputs and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Exposure to senior leaders in a previous role and experience working in cross functional teams.
- Previous experience of working confidently with financial reporting systems.
WORK FOR US
Working for Marc Daniels is a unique experience. Throw out any pre-conceptions you may have about what it may be like to work for a typical recruitment consultancy – we are just not like them. We believe in creating long-lasting relationships and that goes for our employees as well as for our clients and candidates.
> Read More