- Location:High Wycombe
- Job Industry:Accountancy
- Job Type:Full Time
- Skills:Financial Controller
- Salary:£75000 - £80000 per annum + 25% bonus, car allowance and benefits
A major market leading business with head offices based in High Wycombe have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller. Within this role you will be regarded as one of the senior finance team, responsible for ensuring complete integrity in consolidation of group reporting; checking it is accurate and delivered to a high standard within tight reporting deadlines. The role is responsible for delivering core internal finance processes including financial accounting, budgeting, forecasting, internal controls and systems development. To drive efficiencies to deliver process improvement and service level agreements throughout the department. To deliver analysis and guidance to the CFO and other senior managers as required.
- Overall responsibility for production and distribution of monthly group accounts to include P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow.
- Produce high quality and accurate monthly board reports for the Board and Executive team within strict deadlines.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations for all Financial Accounting areas to ensure adequate and accurate provisions.
- Lead systems and process improvement, including internal control framework development and acquisition integration to deliver effective outputs.
- Manage the implementation of new IFRS accounting standards.
- Assist the external financial reporting team with preparation of external reporting including verification of ARA and oversee preparation of annual results presentation.
- Develop schedules that support legal entity reporting.
- Work closely with the Head of External Financial Reporting in producing the group consolidated and statutory accounts.
- Manage budgeting, forecasting and 5YP process (consolidation of P&L and capex forecast, preparation of balance sheet, cashflow, bridges and presentation).
- Line manage an experienced team who cover a wide range of Financial Accounting.
- Analysing financial data as required to ensure accuracy across group reporting.
- Support the project to comply with a UK Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Oversee initiatives to improve Group Finance internal control framework
- Move to data-centric financial accounts team (Power BI knowledge desirable)
- Ability to build great working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including Chief Finance Officer, Director of Group Finance and Senior Managers
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or other relevant accountancy qualification) with 3+ years’ PQE
- Experienced people manager with a proven record of coaching and developing a team
- Strong group financial reporting experience
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Advanced level Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail combined with an ability to work with large volumes of data
- Excellent at building relationships and influencing key stakeholders
- Resilient with the ability to deliver against demanding deadlines
- Strong teamwork ethic, both within the organisation, and with key external stakeholders (eg auditors)
- Resilient and able to work effectively under pressure
WORK FOR US
Working for Marc Daniels is a unique experience. Throw out any pre-conceptions you may have about what it may be like to work for a typical recruitment consultancy – we are just not like them. We believe in creating long-lasting relationships and that goes for our employees as well as for our clients and candidates.
> Read More
REFER A FRIEND
REFER A FRIEND
Refer a friend’s CV to our site if you see a job that could be perfect for them.