- Location:Bourne End
- Job Industry:Accountancy
- Job Type:Full Time
- Skills:Payroll Accountant
- Salary:Up to £33000 per annum
Payroll Accountant required for a successful, rapidly growing company based in Bourne End. This role will be responsible for the payroll, expenses and the day to day management of the company’s purchase ledger.
- Manage the payroll process for the company and prepare the monthly payroll, ensuring that all fixed and variable elements of the payroll are processed accurately.
- Work with the People team to obtain necessary payroll information and provide advice where required on PAYE and NI payments as well as general queries to ensure an excellent service is provided to the business and its employees.
- Responsible for processing of simple and complex payments for UK and overseas employees, as well as P45’s, starter information, P60’s, leave calculations, deductions, salary sacrifice processing, statutory payments, termination payments, tax code changes, student loans, pension payments etc ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Responsible for audit and identification of any overpayments and follow up to ensure repayment.
- Respond to expense queries, follow up on any errors and make expense payments to employees on a timely basis, ensuring a great employee experience.
- Responsible for managing the purchase ledger, ensuring invoices are accurately recorded and payments are timely.
- Code and post supplier invoices to the creditors ledger and ensure costs and overhead charges are accurately recorded and kept up to date and allocated to the correct department, product code and budget.
- Work with the accounts team at month end to ensure that monthly accrual reporting is produced, cost variances arising from PO purchasing are investigated and accurate information provided for management reporting purposes.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven specialist qualification, knowledge and experience of payroll processes
- Excellent knowledge and experience of PAYE rules, taxation and employment law relating to pay
- Experience of accounts payable, bank reconciliations and ledgers in a multi-company environment, with experience of dealing with multiple currencies.
- Good systems knowledge and experience of working with corporate finance systems AAT, ACCA or ACA part qualified would be an advantage
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Advanced knowledge of Excel to analyse and manage data (ability to use functions such as Sum-if’s, V-Look ups, macros & pivot tables)
WORK FOR US
Working for Marc Daniels is a unique experience. Throw out any pre-conceptions you may have about what it may be like to work for a typical recruitment consultancy – we are just not like them. We believe in creating long-lasting relationships and that goes for our employees as well as for our clients and candidates.
> Read More
REFER A FRIEND
REFER A FRIEND
Refer a friend’s CV to our site if you see a job that could be perfect for them.