Senior Management Accountant
- Job Industry:Accountancy
- Job Type:Permanent
- Skills:Senior Management Accountant
- Salary:£33000 - £40000 per annum
Our well established multi sited organisation based near Slough are seeking a Senior Management Accountant to join their established finance team. Reporting into the Financial Controller you will work closely with operations personnel and central accountants to ensure accurately reported National financial information and forecasting.
- Leading the completion of the Weekly P&L and supporting files and ensuring the weekly timetable is achieved
- Overseeing the daily reporting process such as revenue, cost and volumes
- Actively participate and contribute to the preparation of the sites budgets to ensure consistency and accuracy in their completion
- Prepare the depot and National management accounts so that the operational management team can properly assess the financial performance of that location, region or nationally
- Analysing and understanding variance to budget and prior periods at a site/region or National level; highlighting any potential areas of concerns to the appropriate people
- You will assist in training non-financial staff to better use and complete the existing reports
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayment schedules
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Actively lead various ad-hoc projects either requested by the operation/Financial Controller or where the individual believes the work will add value
- Supporting the Financial Controller in overseeing and guiding all reporting processes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure they are completed to a high level and to timetable
- Support with the training and development of two Management Accountants with a view to take on the day-to-day management of the two accountants in time
- Strong excel skills including working with large amounts of data
- Ideally, minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a finance function; preferably still studying for professional exams
- The candidate would ideally have experience of supporting a multi-site regional P&L structure
- Used to working to and achieving tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience of preparation of management accounts and involvement in operating profit budgets
- Ideally have experience of supporting non-finance individuals
- Financial systems experience desirable
- Driving licence
You will enjoy working in a fast paced and rewarding working environment that supports the development and progression of the individual whilst offering full study support towards a professional qualification and a competitive package.
WORK FOR US
Working for Marc Daniels is a unique experience. Throw out any pre-conceptions you may have about what it may be like to work for a typical recruitment consultancy – we are just not like them. We believe in creating long-lasting relationships and that goes for our employees as well as for our clients and candidates.
> Read More
REFER A FRIEND
REFER A FRIEND
Refer a friend’s CV to our site if you see a job that could be perfect for them.